I’ll have to admit, researching NYC vegan friendly restaurants took a lot out of me. Surprisingly, this city has a lot of vegan and gluten-free options so I almost ended up finding too many great places, and therefore, was forced to chop my list in half (I was only there for 3 days). In today’s post I’ll be sharing my favourite plant-based restaurants in New York City. Even if you aren’t vegan, these places are a must go to, and seemed to be very popular amongst locals as well…
Guilt free, vegan, gluten-free and raw treats that don’t even taste healthy? I’ll take one of everything. I had the opportunity to meet with entrepreneur and vegan chef Liz Gallagher who started the Toronto-based dessert company Unbaked Cake Co. I first discovered Unbaked Cake Co. at Pusateri’s and ever since I’ve been hooked. Living in Toronto, there are tons of vegan desserts and bakeries, but I find its hard to find options with clean ingredients (remember, being vegan doesn’t automatically mean healthy.)
Liz was kind enough to give me a kitchen tour and sit down for a Q&A session. Interested in hearing more? Keep reading!
It’s been a while, but I’m going to keep this one short and sweet! I’ve been doing quite a bit of shopping lately (I blame the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale), and wanted to give you all a peak at some of my favourite purchases. I usually just post my recent purchases or favourite items on Instagram stories, but I figured it’ll be easier for you guys to keep track of everything here (plus, I’ll make sure to link each item).
- Vita Liberata Body Blur (Medium Latte) – I’m not a huge fan of tanning lotions that have a wait time of 6-8 hours. Don’t get me wrong, they work well but sometimes you just need a quick fix. This product blurs any imperfections and gives you a flawless tan that will stay in place all night.
- Tata Harper Clarifying Face Mask – I think out of everything I am most in love with this product. I’ve been using the full Tata Harper line for a few months now, and I’ve noticed huge improvements in my skin. This Superfruit blend quickly diminishes stubborn blemishes and improves texture.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy (Spice Girl) – This colour and formula is my absolute favourite. Not only do your lips get a nice plumping, but this pink nude colour is perfect for all year round.
- Robin Piccone Swimsuit (Sophia) – This swimsuit does a fantastic job at showing off your curves and is perfect for a beach party, or a trip to Vegas with the girls. It’s sexy, yet classy.
- Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow (Chimére) – I normally use the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette, however I wanted to spice things up for a wedding I went to recently. A little definitely goes a long way with this stuff. I purchased the colour Chimére, a soft shimmery pink that has the ability to give you a sultry, but soft look.
- Zella ‘Fly South’ Crop Bodysuit – I am a huge fan of the athleisure look, so this was a winner. With this bodysuit, you can throw on some running shoes and head to the gym, or dress it up with a hat, jean jacket and a pair of flats.
- QUAY X KYLIE Sunglasses (Iconic) – Quay is my go to for sunglasses. Big frames, unique styles, and fair prices. Need I say more?
- Urban Outfitters Faux Fur Pool Slide – Fuzzy shoes have been all the rage this summer. I picked up a pair at Urban Outfitters for only $18 to wear as an alternative to wedges at a pool party. They’re super cozy and can spice up any outfit.
- Apolis Toronto Simple Market – The ultimate tote bag. It’s super durable so you can load it up with almost anything, and show off your favourite city at the same time.
- Le Labo (Neroli 36) – I recently just learned what Le Labo is really all about. Each perfume is carefully crafted with essential oils to give you a long lasting fragrance. Although each bottle is quite pricey, you will only need at most two spritzes to smell great the entire day.
Top: Nordstrom | Leggings: Aritzia | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff | Shoes: Sam Edelman | Sunglasses: Nordstrom | Watch: Daniel Wellington
If you’re like me then you’ll spend too much time hunting for the most natural, yet effective beauty products on the market. It can be difficult since a lot of products may claim to be natural, but actually contain harsh chemicals hidden amongst the ingredients. Sephora surprisingly has a ton of great options as well as small organic grocery or health stores. Check out my current favourites below.
I’m the type of person who has way too many tabs open in my brain. I’ll want to accomplish everything and anything all at once which gets me distracted from practical goals that I should be focusing on. A girl can dream, but I definitely had to find a few ways to narrow my focus and work towards being a girl boss.
Feeling the same way? Here are 8 tips + tricks to awaken your inner girl boss and reach your full potential.